Monday, October 11, 2010

A new journey!

Exciting news! I'm pregnant! So this path that I had laid out before me has taken a sudden turn. The first trimester hit me like a ton of bricks, with it's nausea and exhaustion.
To be honest, I haven't practiced yoga everyday since in peed on that little test strip, unless you count meditative walking, and sitting yoga. And that brings me to my next point. Although my experiment has been cut short I have reached a great conclusion.
Yoga is not the physical practice. The physical practice is merely a vessal, a way to get to the mental clarity, and purity of being. The monks who created the physical part of yoga created it as a way to calm their bodies so they could meditate. I have found that sense of clarity from time to time, and I didn't need to practice yoga every day to get there.
Now I need to bring that clarity with me as I start down the new path of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment